Vail Valley Waste Recycling Program
From East Vail to Dotsero, all Vail Valley Waste residential curbside recycle service as well as all of our commercial recycle services are Singlestream Recycle. This system allows community members to place all recyclables in one container making recycling an easy process!
In order for Vail Valley Waste to successfully recycle the items from your home or business, we rely on each and every customer to follow the “Dos” and “Don’ts” of Singlestream recycling.
The “DOS” of Singlestream recycling:
* Place your recyclable items loose in your container
* Give items that contained food or beverages a quick rinse
* Leave lids on jars and bottles
* Discard plastic pumps from bottles
* Flatten cardboard and paste board boxes
* Make sure all aerosol cans are empty
Items to include in Singlestream recycling:
* Plastic items like soda, water, and juice bottles, condiment bottles, shampoo bottles and liquid soap dispensers, peanut butter jars, butter and yogurt tubs and plastic milk and juice jugs
* Mixed paper including junk mail and magazines
* Chipboard; cereal, tissue boxes, soda carrier boxes
* Newspaper – including the inserts
* Brown paper bags
* Aluminum & tin Cans
* Aseptic packaging – Milk and orange juice cartons
* Empty aerosol cans
* Detergent bottles
* Mixed rigid plastics (large lawn furniture or large children’s play toys, waste or laundry basket)
The “DON’TS” of Singlestream recycling:
*Please NO PLASTIC BAGS – all items should be loose in your container. Plastic bags get tangled in the conveyor belts at the materials reclamation facility and slow down or stop the process
* Please DO NOT include clamshells – the very thin plastic containers that contain raspberries, strawberries, etc.
* Please do not crush or “nest” items
* If cardboard has food stuck to it (like a pizza box), please tear off the greasy/cheesy part and throw it away – recycle the clean cardboard
* Please do not recycle Household Hazardous Waste like pesticide bottles, paint cans, needles or syringes. Visit our Waste Resources page for help
* Please do not include windshield or window glass
Items to put in the trash:
* Plastic plates, forks, spoons, knives & straws
* Used paper towels, wipes or napkins
* Six pack holders
* Shredded paper
* Styrofoam and packing peanuts
* Ceramics or Pyrex
Our recyclables list is constantly changing, please check back for updates and more information. Thank you for your efforts at diverting waste from our area landfill.
Are you looking for a Recycling Services in Vail, Avon, Eagle-Vail, Edwards, Eagle, Gypsum or Dotsero Colorado? Get in touch with us to know more or call our office at 970-977-9228×2.